Certainteed a manufacturer of roofing shingles lists several things from their website a homeowner should look for or do when choosing a professional roofer.
- Interview your contractor, the salesperson you talk to should be knowledgeable about other jobs.
- Get the full name and address of the contractor. Why? The likihood of better service and quicker response time if the company is based near you or has a large base office.
- Make sure the contractor carries insurance. A contractor should carry both comprehensive liability and workers compensation insurance. This protects the homeowner in the event of an accident. Make sure to ask for proof of insurance. Drawdy Roofing & Vinyl Siding always provides a copy with our estimate.
- Ask if the company or contrator is a licensed contractor. This assures your roofer has the proper credentials to do the job and is knowledgeable in the roofing business.
- Ask how long the company has been in business. Typically the longer the better.
- Ask for references.
- Evaluate the proposal or estimate and ask questions.
- Make sure the contractor's workmanship warranty is in writing and clearly explained as well as the manufacturer's warranty.
- Tell the contractor you call that you are not looking for the lowest bid, but rather the best value. And ask for a Good-Better-Best proposal.
The more information you have the better decision you can make when choosing which contractor you select for your job. Drawdy Roofing & Vinyl Siding's vision statement is "to provide homeowners and businesses the highest quality products and service to insure they receive the maximum value as well as safety and security for their property(s)."
Vince Dettore, VP of Marketing/Business Operations